sponsored by Andy Hire Sales & Service Ltd since 1990

Cup Finals 2015



Andy-Hire Harburn Cup Final Result
Heslerton 138-3 (15 overs) R Malthouse 44, S Pickard 36, T Benthall 29, J Holt 2-36 beat Wykeham 125 all out (14.3 overs) J Bryant 76, D Jeminson 4-37, R Malthouse 2-7, A Spaven 2-22 by 13 runs

The Final of the "Andy Hire" Harburn Cup took place at Scarborough Cricket Clubs excellent Cricket ground at North Marine Road and as in recent years the final was an excellent game with some wonderful cricket played between the two competing teams Heslerton and Wykeham.

Sam Triffitt, captain of Heslerton CC won the toss and elected to bat but they lost an early wicket when Gary Hall was out without scoring with the score at just 4 but then Richard Malthouse and Stuart Pickard took the score up to 71 with Malthouse scoring a fine 44 (with 4 fours) and Pickard making 36 (with 6 fours and 1 six) before a quick innings of 29 from Tom Benthall and captain Triffitt with a well hit 17 not out before Heslertons innings closed at a respectable 138 for 4 wickets. The wickets to fall were taken by fast bowler Jack Holt with 2 for 36, Darren Mills with 1 for 20 and a run out.

In reply Wykeham were in serious trouble losing the wickets of Holt, Mills and Tom Pateman with the score at just 18 with fast bowler Adam Spaven taking two of those early wickets. However Wykehams captain James Bryant put together the innings of the night taking the score up to 76 along with Steve Clegg who scored 11. Spin bowler Dan Jeminson was brought into the attack and took wickets regularly to end up with 4 for 37 but Bryant was still there when reaching his 50 in just 32 balls. Two brilliant catches by Gary Hall and Mark Dring had Wykeham at 124 for 8 wickets with Bryant on 76 when he was run out by a brilliant piece of fielding from Adam Spaven. James Bryant hit 13 fours in his 76. Wykehams last wicket fell with the score on 125 with just 6 balls of the innings remaining. The Wykeham wickets were taken by Jeminson, Spaven (2 for 28), Andy Slaughter with 1 for 25 and Richard Malthouse taking 2 for 7 including the last wicket to win the game for a jubilant Heslerton Cricket Club by the margin of just 13 runs.

Sharon Blackstone, Joint owner of "Andy Hire" Sales and Service, sponsors of the cup and Scarborough Evening Cricket League then presented the trophies to both teams. League Secretary Bernard Goulding thanked Scarborough CC for hosting the final, John Dodds the club groundsman, umpires Steve Dodds and Martin North, scorers Jayne Graves (Wykeham) and Paul Nutt (Heslerton) and Keiran Rutter (who operated the electronic scoreboards), the League Committee members who helped run the raffle the proceeds of which the Evening League will be donating to local charities at the end of the season, raffle prize donors, league sponsors "Andy Hire" and all the spectators from local cricket who turned out to watch the excellent game of cricket which was played in an excellent spirit by the two teams.



Cloughton B 150-8 (Sean Exley 77, Mark Price 22, Joe Bayes 3-19, Tommy Barker 2-21) beat Ravenscar 112 all out (Shaun Bayes 24, Ivan Kirk 19, Freddie Barker 19, Jacob Codling 5- 15, Mark Price 2-26) by 38 runs.

The Final of the very first Lloyd Dowson Cricket Cup took place at Flixton Cricket Ground on Tuesday night (26th July). The cup competition in the past had been known as the McCain Cup but this year Lloyd Dowson stepped in to sponsor the cup competition for teams in Division C of the Scarborough Evening Cricket League and provided a new cup and a new runners up shield. The final was between Cloughton B and Ravenscar who are two sides currently riding high in Division C of the league.

Cloughton B teams captain Liam Salt won the toss and elected to bat but opener Salt was out bowled by Ravenscar's Will Warwick on the second ball of the innings with the score at just one, but then fellow opener Sean Exley and Mark Price put on a 43 partnership before Price was out for 22 which included 2 fours and one six after which the prolific Exley took control and scored a brilliant 77 which included eleven fours and one six, and he was ably supported by Joel Ramm with a fine 16 runs with the Cloughton innings closing at 150 for 8 wkts at the end of their 15 eight ball overs. Ravenscar's best bowlers were Joe Bayes who took 3 for 19, and Tommy Barker with 2 for 21 and there were two run outs in Cloughtons innings.

In reply Ravensacr also had a poor start losing Robin Coulson for 0 and things got really bad at 40 for 6 with only opener Joe Bayes showing any resistance with 14 runs. Jacob Codling took 5 of the first 6 wickets to fall for a mere 15 runs in his allocated 4 overs. Veteran Ivan Kirk then put bat to ball and hit three fours in his innings of 19 before he was run out. Shaun Bayes also hit a fine 24 which included five fours but Ravenscar fell to 93 for 9 when a late rally came from Ravenscar captain Freddie Barker with a fine 19 runs but it was not enough as Ravenscar's innings closed at 112 all out with just 2 balls remaining to give jubilant Cloughton victory by a margin of 38 runs.

Evening League Secretary Bernard Goulding thanked Flixton Cricket Club for the use of their excellent facilities for the final. He thanked the scorers and the umpires Steve Dodds and Michael O'Brien. He then thanked Lloyd Dowson, (Chartered Accountants, Tax and Business Advisors) for their very generous sponsorship of the competition before Vanessa Rowbottom, Marketing Manager of Lloyd Dowson, presented the cup to Cloughton skipper Liam Salt and the Runners up shield to Ravenscar captain Freddie Barker.

Hunter Cricket Cup Final 2016 Match Report


Result - Flixton A 118-5 (Chris Mann 38, Noman Shabir 42 no, Paul Goodenough 2-10) beat Cloughton A 114-7 (Ben Luntley 19, John King 16, Jack Johnson 16, Mathew Mason 2-16, Harry Warmsley 2-26) by 5 wkts.

Cloughton A won the toss and elected to bat but lost an early wicket with just 3 runs on the board but then Ben Luntley with 19 and Ricky Nock with 13 took the score up to 36, but then wickets fell regularly with only John King with 16 and Jack Johnson also with 16 making double figures with their score ending at 114 for 7 wickets at the end of their allotted 14 eight ball overs. The top scorer was actually extras with 25 which included 18 wides. Flixtons wicket takers were Harry Warmsley with 2 for 26, Mathew Mason with 2 for 16, Chris Mann with 1 for 19 and Noman Shabir with 1 for 22 and there was one run out.
Flixton A then took to the cease and opener Stuart Stocks hit two fours in the first over but fell in that first over with the score at 9 being caught by wicket keeper John King off the bowling of Gary Jordan. Flixton then had a fine stand of 49 runs between Antony Stones with 15 runs and Chris Mann with 38 runs which included 2 sixes and 4 fours before both were out and Flixton faltered from 58 for 1 to 69 for 4. Noman Shabir came into bat and showed no mercy as he struck a brilliant 42 not out which included 2 sixes and 5 fours to take Flixton to a comfortable 5 wicket win with 15 balls remaining to put the Hunter Cup in their possession for the next 12 months. Cloughtons wicket takers were Paul Goodenough with 2 for 10, Gary Jordan with 2 for 38 and Glen Botterill with 1 for 18
Eddie Barker a Committee Member of the "Andy Hire" Scarborough Evening Cricket League presented the Hunter Cup to Flixton A captain Chris Mann. The new Bill and Bessie Green Memorial Cup was presented to Cloughton A captain Chris Malthouse by Becky Green, granddaughter of the late Bill and Bessie Green.
Bernard Goulding, Secretary of the "Andy Hire" Scarborough Evening Cricket League thanked Scarborough Cricket Club for the use of their excellent facilities for the final and their groundsman John Dodds for preparing the wicket and outfield for the game. He thanked the umpires Keith Local and Colin Gates, the scorers John Boddy (Flixton) and Matty Harris and Pete Milner (Cloughton) as well as Keiran Rutter who kept the electronic scoreboard up to date throughout the game. He thanked Andy Hire for their generous league sponsorship and Eddie Barker and Becky Green for presenting the trophies. He also thanked everyone who bought raffle tickets, and the donors of raffle prizes which helped raise over £200 towards helping local charities and league funds.
This was the final cup trophy of the Evening League season.

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.

Get Flash Player